Monday, February 8, 2010

A little about Me

First off I want to welcome you to this blog.

As the days progress, I will try to blog daily as my schedule permits but there will be days that I am very busy with life things and won't be able to write.

In short, I run a paranormal investigation group of about 45 members. Members are spread throughout California.

This blog will show you what it takes to run a successful group-I will hold nothing back including my frustrations.


So here goes:


I am a journalist by trade but am currently unemployed due to a layoff at a newspaper. The timing of the layoff was interesting because my elderly father got sick and I now take care of both my elderly parents in addition to working towards creating an online newspaper. I also write for publications on occasion, for free, just so I can keep my name out there. As jobs for journalists are scarse these days, keeping my name out there may help in future job interviews.

This weekend was very busy.

Friday, my day began with a family trip to Walmart for some items that included a pair of sweat pants. We then headed to the shirt printer so that I could order shirts for my new team members and i also dropped off the sweatpants so that I could have the group logo embroidered on them.  After ordering a few items, itw as back in the car and out to lunch with ma and pa. we then headed to Costco. When I got home, I answered some emails and then I was off again to visit a friend.

I spent yesterday, Saturday,  in a Northern California town, touring and talking with business owners and residents about their alleged hauntings. I got names and numbers and in the next few days will be calling them to arrange a ghost tour of the town and two investigations. Later on in the week I will make the 2 hour drive back to the town to take pictures of the buildings and set up a tour route.

Today, Sunday, I started my day with a birthday lunch and the went to Office Max to buy some supplies and then it was to see Rent which was followed by a dinner.


This evening, Sunday, I spent time emailing new and old team members about the event in the town. I also spent a couple of hours trying to get a guest for the radio show that I host every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. PST on www.blogtalkradio.com/californiahaunts. Once I got the guest, I then spent another hour notifying everyone on my frends lists at blogtalk, facebook, and Myspace and the Paranormal Classifieds about the show. I also placed an announcement on three message boards at meetup.com.


It is now midnite and I am still  trying to get the word out about the show. I also went to Walmart today to buy printer paper and another tool box for investigation equipment. In a few minutes I will load that box up and hopefully get some much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment