Saturday, February 13, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

OK so two days have passed since I last blogged.

On Thursday I took the family to the Jelly Belly Factory. On Thursday night, I was a guest on a radio show on Blogtalk Radio-Cathies Distant Echos where i was interviewed not only by Cathie but by a fellow ghost hunter. It was a fun hour but was over before I knew it. Thursday night was spent answering numerous emails and updating the Website.

On Friday, I finally got around to doing the equipment check. There are six boxes of various meters, cameras, mics, cords, walkie talkiesa nd other investigation-related tools that we use in teh field. In addition, there are eight 100 foot audio/video lines, a monitor and a nin-channel DVR. I also use an HP mini laptop on investigations.

All in all it took about an hour to do the check and I found, to my dismay, that a thermometer was missing so I emailed my team to see if someone had taken it home by accident. If that's not the case, then I will have to buy another one. I also found that the walkie talkies were in need of batteries. The bad part is that each walkie talkies three to four AAA batteries and generally we use five on investigations so itc an get expensive.

After emailing my team, I went out in search of a library meeting room for the next team meeting. Lunch followed with atrip to the pharmacy and then to Walmart to buy extra batteries. I then returned home to prepare for my evening meeting at Denny's with potential team members.

Let it be know that I detest sitting idle so the downtime -about three hours between getting home and going to the meeting, made me stir crazy so I wrote up my proposal for a special event in March and emailed it off.

When I arrived at Denny's, John and Marcy were already there and had a table waiting so we waited for the recruits to arrive. After an extended meeting in which I had dinner, we all went home.

But I wasn't done yet. I answered emails and tested out a recording system that may be used in future investigations. Apparently I have the wrong cable because it was a bust. Tomorrow I will make a trip to Radio Shack for the right cable.

And so here I sit writing and drinking ice water and thinking about the things I need to do tomorrow.

Already I have a full plate.

1. Test the DVR
2. Prepare the investigation forms.
3. A trip to radio shack
4. A movie with a friend
5. Loading the car and conducting the investigation.

As the song says, "I Can Sleep When I'm Dead."

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment