Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Keep on Truckin'

After having slept all of about fours on Sunday morning, I found myself unloading equipment out of the van and then loading up the family for a trip to Harbor Freight, a tool store. While I wasn't very happy about rushing off...you see I had what I thought was a 2 p.m. performance at the Mondavi to attend and the time of heading to Harbor was 11 a.m. so we would be cutting it close.

So off I drove to Harbor and it all oorled out anyway as I ended up buying a set of screwdrivers, some Velcro cable ties and a plastic organiozer box for the hundreds of batteries that we carry to investigations.

We stopped off for a quick lunch and then the second I got home, I hopped into my pickup for the 40 minute drive to Davis, which meant, if all was well with the world, I would arrive to pick my friend up at 1:30 p.m.

So as I head to Davis, I can see the Mondavi from the highway and the parking lot seems empty. I am thinking that maybe the show got canceled. I pick up ny friend, who has the tickets and we drivr to the Mondavi and notice that no one is going in. To her horror, my friend realizes that the tickets are for 7 p.m.

Now what do I do? I am exhausted and I don't want to make the drive back to Sacramento because I would have to drive back at 5:30 p.m. so I decide to go shopping. We drive to Dixon and go to Walmart where I buy some food items for my family and a tool box for the group. Then it wa back to my friend's apartment to stowe the gear.

By now, it's around 5 p.m., so we go to dinner which is followed by the show. I was so tired and fought my way through the performace but i made it and then headed back to her apartment where I reloaded the truck.

Luckily there is a gas staion enar her apartment and I was able to get a Rock Star energy drink for the ride home. I got home around 11 p.m. and didn't wake up until 9 a.m. but still felt exhausted.

My mother had a dental appointment at 10 a.m. so I went to that and then headed off to Office Max to make copies of some rebate stuff for my cell phone. We stopped off at subway and went home and had lunch. I fell asleep for about an hour then it was into my office to design a Webpage for our upcoming event in Downieville, call some merchants to finalize details, write a press release and then take another nap for an hour.

My evening ended in Davis, watching the Olympics with friends and then I headed home to write this blog.

Now...I MUST SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment