Monday, March 1, 2010

Wow time does fly when you're having fun...not!

Sitting down to blog this past week has been hard. As you can tell, I didn't but that doesn't mean that I didn't think about it.

All week I was so busy, I hardly had time to eat let alone blog. Between writing stories and taking my ma and pa to the hospital for doctor and dental appointments, things were crazy.

Monday: Spent most of the day running errands and then headed to Placerville on assignment for the evening. Got home at about 11 p.m. and wrote the story. Went to bed at about 2 a.m. I sleep about four hours thinking I can nap in the afternoon-WRONG!

Tuesday: Got up extra early to put finishing touches on the story and then headed off to Kaiser with ma and pop  for one of his two weekly appointments. while he was in the office, I stayed in teh van with my mini HP and proofed and emailed the story off. Then my brother called and needed a ride to his own doctor. I was a little upset because I had scheduled another writing assignment for the afternoon and had to put that off until Thursday.So I take my brother to the doctor and then had a bout an hour to eat something. I was then off for an evening assignment in Placerville-my mother came along.

Here's where it gets interesting. So i finish my assignment and get into the pickup to head home and...nice...we have a flat tire. Problem No.1, the spare is already on the truck. Problem No.2,  am out of AAA tows. Problem No.3, now what? So I put air in the tire thinking that i may be lucky enough to make the 40 mile drive home...not. As soon as the air went in, it came out. OK so I call AAA and of course they said no tow so I had a service call come out for $65-the driver confirms that the truck is not driveable. Now, in order to get it home, it will cost me $235. YIKES! So I call my dad who has a card.the phone is busy-he tends to leave it off the hook...wonderful. By now it is 9:30 p.m. and starting to rain. I decided to have the truck towed and put in some more calls in the hope that someone will be able to assist us. Out of nowhere, someone did. about halfway home, the tow truck driver receives a call that says my AAA card has no restrictions. The tow is covered. WOW!

So we get home, it's now after 10 p.m. and I thank the driver profusely. I collapse from exhaustion.

Wednesday: I get up at 9 a.m. and write the story. I check my email and find out that the town we are doing our ghostwalk in would like me to do a presentation on powerpoint about what we do. Ummmm. I have no presentation. I have the projector but nothing prepared....so of course I tell the client , no problem. So that adds another factor to my already overfilld schedule. I begin gathering info for the presntation and then my sister wants to SKYPE-that's fine except I am horribly busy with writing, the presentation, towing the truck over )with pops card)  to have it worked on. The SKYPE lats about an hour and I know my mother has a dental appt. She said it wa ta 1 p.m. so I call to verify. WRONG! The appointment was a half hour ago so we rush off and spend a couple of hours there. We then head to the Tshirt place to pick up some shirts for the ghost team. When we return home I call a tow truck and have the truck towed to the tire store.We no sooner drop the tuck off then we find out a car we had in for reapirs is ready so off we go to pick that up. Finally I get home for about an hour break. While I wait, I call AAA about the tow the night before. They have no record of it. Bless whoever towed us. may good things come your way.

We pick the truck up at 5 p.m. and I get home and put the finishing touches on the story and prepare the photos and captions for emailing. At 7:30 p.m., I do my Blogtalk show. By 8:30 p.m., I email the story and spend the rest of the night working on the presentation. I finally get to bed at 2 a.m.

Thursday: I have an 11 a.m. in Placerville for the story I didn't run earlier in the week. I take my mini HP because now I will be writing on deadline and need to turn it in ASAP. My mom and dad decide to come along and I drive to the stop, interview and then the client suggests I see his pother store to add to the story. OKM fine, no pressure. we stop for lunch at a pizza place where I can write the bul of the story. At about 1:00 p.m., we head to the other store. I do the interviews and then rush back to the to finish writing the story. It is now 2:30 p.m.and finally I am done. we head back to Sacramento and I spend the rest of teh evening working on the presentation and preparing for a meetup meeting on Sunday.

Friday: Easy, simple morning. Looked like the day was going to be nice....wrong. we make a trip to Safeway for some shopping and then take the ruck to the tire store to put on a matching tire as I can feel vibrations. We head back to the house and then I decide to call Kaiser to see when pop's appointment is...here we go again...we had 20 minutes to get to Kaiser. woo hoo. Off we go.

By now, it's 3 p.m. and I need to get to the library to pick up a key for the meeting room so i drop ma and pa off at Kaiser and go to the library. I grab some lunch on the way back and then get a small 30 minute break until they are done. It is now pouring rain when they get into the van so we head out and buy them some dinner. we go home and they eat and then ma and I are off again to pick up the truck. I decide to go to Office Max to test the tires on the road and Ma comes along. I drop her off and head to Davis to finally relax. I get home around 11 p.m. and boy do I sleep.

Saturday: Another slow, easy morning. I sleep until 10 a.m. and then head to Davis for lunch/dinner. when I return, I do an equipment check and take ma out to get take-out at Applebees. I return home and do teh final preparation for the meetup meeting and answer emails and work on the presentation.I finally sleep at about 3 a.m.

Sunday: Up at 8 a.m. to do have my hair cut and other personal things. Out the door at 9:30 to load the equipment in tHe van..I head to the library and grab breakfast along the way. at 10:30 I arrive and with help from team members unload. The meeting begins at 11 a.m. we finish at 2 p.m. and I go home, iunload an pick up ma and pa for a trip to Walmart. we eat our dinner at woody's and go shopping. we get home about 5:30 p.m. and my neice stops by. O leave at about 6:30 to visit a friend in Davis. I get home at about 11:30 p.m. and waytch the closing cermonies of teh Olympice.

Whew. I am really tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment